Coro Women in Leadership (WIL)
With programs in both Los Angeles and Orange County, the Coro Women in Leadership (WIL) Program supports the leadership development of women across the Southern California region, establishing a pipeline for professional advancement, and creating a cross-sector network of women who support each other’s leadership development. The time is now for women to harness their unique abilities, approaching professional goals and challenges head on with Coro’s leadership toolkit at their helm.
The Coro Women in Leadership Program brings together a cohort of mid-career women of diverse backgrounds from the private, nonprofit, and government sectors for intensive leadership development seminars and post-fellowship networking. Running across four, two-day sessions WIL focuses on enhancing leadership abilities, deepening professional networks, building strategic relationships, peer coaching, developing professional narratives, and enhancing participants’ ability to affect positive change at work, at home, and in their communities.
Interested in learning more about the Women in Leadership Program? RSVP to either one of our upcoming info sessions:
- Los Angeles Spring 2020 Cohort: Wednesday, February 5 5:30 – 7:00pm at The California Endowment, 1000 N. Alameda St., Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Orange County Spring 2020 Cohort: Tuesday, February 11, 5:30 – 7:00pm Brandman University, 16355 Laguna Canyon Rd., Irvine 92618
Women in Leadership meets twice a year and requires additional time commitment in between sessions. Dates below are subject to change prior to the application deadline. Applications are due Sunday, February 16th at 11:59 pm.
Fall 2019 Dates – Thu/Fri
Spring 2020 Dates – Fri/Sat
The program includes:
- Personal reflection leadership sessions
- Coro’s signature training centered on thinking critically and politically, communicating effectively, moving teams, organizations, and communities forward, and building strategic and authentic professional relationships
- Small group peer coaching sessions
- Unparalleled access to interview the region’s top women leaders from across sectors
- Ongoing Coro networking events (Leading Locally Series and Fellows Selection Day)
- Weekly optional civic engagement and personal reflection activities
- Graduation Celebration
Coupling the highly-successful Coro leadership model with inquiry-based learning from some of Southern California’s most respected, multi-sector, women leaders, WIL provides Southern California’s rising and established women talent with the skills, the knowledge, and the network to meet their professional goals and deepen their leadership impact.
As a result of participation, WIL cohort members will:
- have the opportunity to examine their own beliefs, understand how they arrived at them, and be challenged to question or reaffirm those beliefs.
- skillfully, actively and innovatively analyze, evaluate and synthesize information to design informed solutions.
- navigate through multiple forms of communication, utilizing knowledge, trust, context, and purpose to influence change.
- creatively and thoughtfully build and bridge sustained partnerships to solve challenges.
- discern between effective management and impactful leadership and examine the connection between the two.
- acquire the knowledge, intellectual skills and applied competencies to sustain reflective and effective leadership.
And will be able to…
- recognize personal strengths, weaknesses, and blind spots.
- ground actions in an awareness of beliefs.
- function effectively in the face of uncertainties.
- navigate complex situations and organizations.
- negotiate and communicate persuasively.
- accurately identify and evaluate problems utilizing effective inquiry.
- analyze challenges through an understanding of patterns, power relationships, systems, and self.
- empower team members and stakeholders to arrive at decisions.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The Coro Women in Leadership Program is for women who:
- are committed to deepening their leadership capacity through Coro’s proven methodology
- are looking to expand their professional and personal networks
- are rising or established decision makers, managers and/or influencers at their respective organizations
- have a minimum of 7 years of work experience
- live and work in Southern California
Selected participants reflect the demographics of Southern California and come from the private, public, and nonprofit sectors. Applicants should be prepared for an immersive, group-structured experience in personal reflection for leadership growth.
Tuition is $2,500 for 50+ hours of leadership development training, small group coaching, meals during program sessions and access to Coro alumni and cross-program events. Limited scholarships are available. Payment in full (or agreement with Coro on a specific payment plan) is required before the start of the program. Participants are encouraged to seek their employer’s or other sponsor’s support for the program. Please contact us for information and guidance in seeking employer or sponsor support.
Women of Coro
Advisory Committee Los Angeles Members
Advisory Committee Orange County Members
Executive Director, Los Angeles County Women and Girls Initiative
Former Deputy Mayor, Office of Strategic Partnerships of the City of Los Angeles
Director - Innovation Team, Los Angeles Mayor's Office of Budget and Innovation
Chief of Staff, Los Angeles Mayor's Office
Public Policy Advisor, Billie Greer Consulting
Senior Executive Director, Partnerships, Los Angeles Unified School District
Former Senator, California State Senate
President and Chief Executive Officer, Southern California Grantmakers
President and CEO, Rose Policy Solutions
Senator, California State Senate
Chief Executive Officer, Central City Association
Partner, California Strategies, LLC
Senior Vice President, Englander Knabe & Allen
Councilmember, City of West Hollywood
President and Director, Natural History Museum of Los Angeles
Lupita Sanchez Cornejo
Regional Director, External Affairs - Greater Los Angeles Region, AT&T
Co-Founder and President, Tower26
Managing Director, Smidt Foundation
VP, Public Affairs and Events, Los Angeles Times
Senior Strategist, Office of Supervisor Kuehl
President and CEO, The Ralph M. Parsons Foundation
Former Controller & Councilwoman, City of Los Angeles
Council Member, City of Costa Mesa
Partner, Best Best & Krieger LLP
Executive Officer, Orange County LAFCO
Government Relations Officer/Deputy General Counsel, Irvine Ranch Water District
Public Finance, Director County of Orange, retired
Assistant Airport Director, John Wayne Airport, retired
Founder, Eileen Padberg Consulting
Toll Market Practice Leader, HNTB
Director of Data and Innovation, Leadership for Educational Equity
CEO, The Moulton Company
Jeanne Spinner LaMar
Owner, Spinner LaMar and Associates
CEO and Founder, Working Wardrobes
Dr. Jerry Hunter
Distinguished Lecturer College of Education, California State University, Fullerton
Partner, California Strategies LLC
General Manager, Moulton Niguel Water District
Co-Owner, President, and CEO, Frieda’s Specialty Produce
Partner, Rutan & Tucker, LLP
President, K.E. Thalman & Associates
Trustee, Newport Mesa Unified School District
Principal, Progressive Solutions Consulting
Emeritus Mayor Pro Tem / Director of Community and Strategic Planning Development for Primestor Development, Inc.
Director, Southern California Region Western States Petroleum Association
Attorney, Government Relations, and Strategic Planning Consultant
Dr. Sheryl A. Bourgeois
Executive Vice President, University Advancement, Chapman University
THANK YOU TO OUR SUPPORTERS
Coro is currently accepting applications for the Spring 2020 cohort of WIL.
Know someone who would be great for Coro Women in Leadership?
View the brochure or download to pass on to a friend.
Meet the Class of Fall 2019.
Seeking employer assistance or fundraising? Download this guide on the benefits they will receive by supporting your participation in Women in Leadership.
Questions about the program can be directed to Callie Spaide, Recruitment and Alumni Relations Manager, at email@example.com.