Coro Women in Leadership (WIL)
The Coro Women in Leadership (WIL) Program supports the leadership development of women across the Southern California region, establishing a pipeline for professional advancement, and creating a cross-sector network of women who support each other’s leadership development. The time is now for women to harness their unique abilities, approaching professional goals and challenges head on with Coro’s leadership toolkit at their helm.
The Coro Women in Leadership Program brings together a cohort of mid-career women of diverse backgrounds from the private, nonprofit, and government sectors for intensive leadership development seminars and post-fellowship networking. Running across four, two-day sessions WIL focuses on enhancing leadership abilities, deepening professional networks, building strategic relationships, peer coaching, developing professional narratives, and enhancing participants’ ability to affect positive change at work, at home, and in their communities.
Women in Leadership meets twice a year and requires additional time commitment in between sessions. Dates below are subject to change prior to the application deadline.
Fall 2019 Dates – Thu/Fri
Spring 2020 Dates – Fri/Sat
The program includes:
- Personal reflection leadership sessions
- Coro’s signature training centered on thinking critically and politically, communicating effectively, moving teams, organizations, and communities forward, and building strategic and authentic professional relationships
- Small group peer coaching sessions
- Unparalleled access to interview the region’s top women leaders from across sectors
- Ongoing Coro networking events (Leading Locally Series and Fellows Selection Day)
- Weekly optional civic engagement and personal reflection activities
- Graduation Celebration
Coupling the highly-successful Coro leadership model with inquiry-based learning from some of Southern California’s most respected, multi-sector, women leaders, WIL provides Southern California’s rising and established women talent with the skills, the knowledge, and the network to meet their professional goals and deepen their leadership impact.
As a result of participation, WIL cohort members will:
- have the opportunity to examine their own beliefs, understand how they arrived at them, and be challenged to question or reaffirm those beliefs.
- skillfully, actively and innovatively analyze, evaluate and synthesize information to design informed solutions.
- navigate through multiple forms of communication, utilizing knowledge, trust, context, and purpose to influence change.
- creatively and thoughtfully build and bridge sustained partnerships to solve challenges.
- discern between effective management and impactful leadership and examine the connection between the two.
- acquire the knowledge, intellectual skills and applied competencies to sustain reflective and effective leadership.
And will be able to…
- recognize personal strengths, weaknesses, and blind spots.
- ground actions in an awareness of beliefs.
- function effectively in the face of uncertainties.
- navigate complex situations and organizations.
- negotiate and communicate persuasively.
- accurately identify and evaluate problems utilizing effective inquiry.
- analyze challenges through an understanding of patterns, power relationships, systems, and self.
- empower team members and stakeholders to arrive at decisions.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The Coro Women in Leadership Program is for women who:
- are committed to deepening their leadership capacity through Coro’s proven methodology
- are looking to expand their professional and personal networks
- are rising or established decision makers, managers and/or influencers at their respective organizations
- have a minimum of 7 years of work experience
- live and work in Southern California
Selected participants reflect the demographics of Southern California and come from the private, public, and nonprofit sectors. Applicants should be prepared for an immersive, group-structured experience in personal reflection for leadership growth.
Tuition is $2,500 for 50+ hours of leadership development training, individual and small group coaching, meals during program sessions and access to Coro alumni and cross-program events. Limited scholarships are available. Payment in full (or agreement with Coro on a specific payment plan) is required before the start of the program. Participants are encouraged to seek their employer’s or other sponsor’s support for the program. Please contact us for information and guidance in seeking employer or sponsor support.
Women of Coro
Advisory Committee Members
Executive Director, Los Angeles County Women and Girls Initiative
Former Deputy Mayor, Office of Strategic Partnerships of the City of Los Angeles
Director - Innovation Team, Los Angeles Mayor's Office of Budget and Innovation
Chief of Staff, Los Angeles Mayor's Office
Public Policy Advisor, Billie Greer Consulting
Senior Executive Director, Partnerships, Los Angeles Unified School District
Former Senator, California State Senate
President and Chief Executive Officer, Southern California Grantmakers
President and CEO, Rose Policy Solutions
Senator, California State Senate
Chief Executive Officer, Central City Association
Partner, California Strategies, LLC
Senior Vice President, Englander Knabe & Allen
Councilmember, City of West Hollywood
President and Director, Natural History Museum of Los Angeles
Lupita Sanchez Cornejo
Regional Director, External Affairs - Greater Los Angeles Region, AT&T
Co-Founder and President, Tower26
Managing Director, Smidt Foundation
VP, Public Affairs and Events, Los Angeles Times
Senior Strategist, Office of Supervisor Kuehl
President and CEO, The Ralph M. Parsons Foundation
Former Controller & Councilwoman, City of Los Angeles
THANK YOU TO OUR SUPPORTERS
Applications for the fall 2019 cohort of WIL are due on Sunday, July 14th, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
Join us for an Info Session on Wednesday, June 5th.
Know someone who would be great for Coro Women in Leadership?
View the brochure or download to pass on to a friend.
Meet the 2019-2020 WIL cohort.
Seeking employer assistance or fundraising? Download this guide on the benefits they will receive by supporting your participation in Women in Leadership.
Questions about the program can be directed to Jenny Vazquez-Newsum, VP of Leadership Programs and Training, at email@example.com.